Monday, 5 November 2012

A Penny For The Guy [Fawkes Avatar]

Remember, remember,
The fifth of November,
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason,
Why the gunpowder treason, 
Should ever be forgot!

Guy Fawkes

I was having a bit of a dilly dally wondering what to do with myself yesterday and then I had the grand idea of seeing if I could turn Kooky into Guy Fawkes as "Bonfire night" was just around the corner. Today is of course that day and I wanted to get the post up so I didn't have much time to achieve my Guy Fawkes look. It's admittedly very dark, and lacking details but I think it serves well as a little bit of fun.

I began my search for items on the Marketplace where I found a mask, hair and cape from three different stores. The Guy Fawkes mask I decided on is a free mesh item from The Land of Nodd. The hair is a dollarbie from Alli&Ali called "Katsuki" that I made black so it would fit nicely into my theme. Lastly I picked up the free "Slumber Cape" from Severian Writer which again needed some tweaking.

I was having a rummage through my inventory for black items, but there was nothing that really jumped out at me screaming Guy Fawkes. I wanted complete body coverage for this look so instead of throwing everything out of the closet onto the floor hunting for something I whipped up a simple black glove, jacket, pants and socks layer which did the job. I think that I'll definitely 'upgrade' those at a later date not that I'm sure when I'll have the opportunity to wear this outfit again.

So there you have it. Guy Fawkes for just one little linden dollar and he doesn't look too bad in my opinion.

For those of you enjoying the bonfires and fireworks tonight stay safe and warm!

Until next time,
Kooky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Kooky's Clobber. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator