Friday, 18 May 2012

Cheap n Cheerful

I found myself at a bit of a loose end the last couple of days so I've been stalking the blogs and feeds I follow as well as browsing the marketplace looking for items that hold appeal to me.

The pretty little lass in the picture below is the result of that and I think she's rather cute for a "thrown together" avatar.

Budget babe

One item that seemed to crop up in the feeds a lot was Al Vulo's Debbie "Oh Deer" skin and I can understand why, it's beautiful! I hopped over to the main store, joined the group for free and gratefully accepted this generous gift.

Now I had a skin I decided to find some new things to go with it.

While browsing the marketplace I came across one of the promotional deals on offer from Ducknipple. I really like the items made by beanster Potato so it was a no brainer. I had originally purchased it purely for the capri pants (to go on regular Kook) but ended up using the entire outfit on Miss Pretty up there.

I hadn't realised at the time of purchase that there was a "reference shape" inside the "Street" outfit box.  It is a no modify shape, but that doesn't matter at all when it has been so wonderfully composed.

There is a modifiable version of the shape for sale here if you like to tweak things a little. It is the model shape beanster uses for the SLX promotional outfits. Personally, I don't think much needs changing at all. I like it just as it is.

So, with a shape that seemed to compliment the skin nicely and an out of the box outfit wrapped around my new shape the only thing missing was hair. I am not really one for keeping a million and one different hair styles in my inventory and had already decided that as everything else I was wearing was new the hair should be too.

I spent a while wandering and thinking of places I could go and look for some nice hair when I realised I hadn't visited Magika in a while. Once I was there I saw a new gift for subscribo members. I clicked the board and had me some pretty hair...mesh hair at that. Awesome!

Over all I am pleased with how things turned out in the end. I am quite amazed that all it took to create it was a time, a little knowledge, brain power, patience and L$95. If I could change one thing I would probably take the time to find some different hair with a fringe. I think a fringe would suit her and I might still do that somewhere down the line.

As a bonus doing this kept me out of mischief for a while which is never a bad thing!

Until next time,
Kooky.

1 comments:

lettersfromlaunna said...

I LOVE the color of this avatars hair... it's the color I want but I think it would be costly to keep up. I just think it is one of those amazing colors:)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Kooky's Clobber. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator