Thursday, 12 April 2012

Wear Gray 2012

wear grey

From the 6th to the 22nd of this month there is a shopping event to help raise funds for ABTA - The American Brain Tumor Association - called Wear Gray. As you can see from the image above the wonderful residents of Second Life have already made a very generous contribution to this cause.

It isn't just the people that donate their Lindens that makes a difference though, it is the people that care enough to organise events like this one to help raise awareness. So I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to them for all their time, effort and hard work. We shouldn't forget the creators that make things for the very worthy, very real, causes supported within SL either, so thank you to them too.

Grey4day T-Junction

As you can plainly see I'm not wearing gray today, but I couldn't resist this T-shirt from T Junction. " I'm not weird. I'm Limited Edition" I absolutely love it and it is very fitting. I'm a lot of things but weird isn't one of them *coughspluttercough*

Inside the shops around the sim there are a variety of items, some of which have been placed in special vendors that donate 100% of the product sales directly to the cause. I noticed that some of the stores are donating a portion of the sale price on other products in their shops too which is fab.

I hope you have as good of a time walking around, browsing products, finding the gray brain hunt items, and being touched by personal stories shared by a couple of people in their stores as I did.

Until next time,
Kooky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Kooky's Clobber. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator